Sunday, February 1, 2015

Seeking Refuge

There's something rather serene about this picture that I really love. This was during our Senior trip, when we thought we had time to spare in taking a short break before regrouping with the rest. We detoured and decided to stop at this empty area and take photos. I think I was taking a picture of a lady bug when this happened. 


Photo credit: Jin Seonmi

Flipping through my old photos I'm suddenly reminded of the people who were once significant to me but no longer is a part of my life. I'm suddenly recalled of the moments that seemed so precious, yet now has been dumped into the folder of fleeting moments that hurt. Looking at this photo, I feel a little sad for the me in the photo. As if there was something bothering me, yet, I'm trying to distract myself from it by focusing on the lady bug. On the other hand, there's something so comforting about this photo that allowed me some leeway to running away from whatever that was bugging me. So I guess, in that, I take some sort of emotional refuge. 


Also, I think it might also be the fact that I miss having red hair. 

No comments:

Post a Comment