Saturday, July 29, 2017

So Many Things I Wish I Could Tell 유

//The scariest bit about this entire thing was:
Not really knowing who to turn to 


I'm not sure if July is the month of break ups,
But I've bumped into video after video about break ups,
Articles on love and preserving them
Opinion pieces and suggestion columns 
About relationships, misunderstanding, and expectations
In the first week itself, 
I've learnt about the assumptions exes make
Read about the biggest killers that cause make heads bake
and how love can come in the form of a bologna sandwich. 
As I watch these, read these, consider these
I can't help but feel like I'm the worst to date.




//In the two weeks since our silence,
so many things have happened.




In the same time that all of these has been happening,
I had things that's got me counting my blessings.
For starters, the 3rd day from D-Day, 
I got my cousin who came to wipe the tears away.
She picked me up as I fell to the ground
Propped me up in anger paired with concern
Shed tears the way she shared her compassion
Like a waterfall, resilient, strong, yet calm
She embraced me and reminded me to carry on.


In the next few days, I got booked myself an audition
I went in despite knowing that I'd be nothing but a poor addition
Then I received an email 
It said that I'm a participant on a radio show
Little did I know that my demons would show their tails
As my performance level was nothing but low
Leaving me no choice but to be the first one to go.


Since the episode on at the radio company,
To be forgiving & understanding is something I've begun to see 
After being eliminated, I've once again evaluated my direction 
So much so, it's gotten me all fired up back into motion






//The amount of times I've been asked about marriage 
has only increased. But instead of feeling silently proud that I still have you,
I've come up with snarky angry responses to get the questions to stop, 
even if only for the day. 





It's a week before Seoul Pride.
I had this dream that involved the church protestors. 
I, along with the others were all at the bus station
I was prepping with Hayden and others to board the bus
Excited to be celebrating love, acceptance, and for being who we are
The protestors, clad in white, were waiting near us,
But surprisingly, so was I.
Since they were doing their own thing, 
my friends and I just let them be.
Then when the bus showed up, 
and we all boarded the bus, 
we weren't alone, as the protestors also boarded.
I had plonked myself down at the very front, 
as the protestors filed to the back.
In surprise, I asked Hayden "what's up with that?"
only to learn that this had been a tradition.
"They've always been riding with us in peace,
it started with only a few of them 
but it grew over the years" 
But even as Hayden was explaining to me,
One of the angry ahjumma protestors came up to me with a giant banner
telling me to write in to a religious magazine in protest.
Calmly, I let her finish what she had to say
then with a giant smile, legs spread wide,
I locked eyes with her and told her 
"you know I'm gay, right?" 





//Oh yeah,  생일 축하해.
I remembered it this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment