Thursday, August 9, 2012

Loves, Lovers, and The Loved.

Since my arrival back home, I've spent a fair amount of time with the people I've long missed and absolutely love.


the extended family,
(this is from both sides of the family)


the sibling,
(believe it or not, he is 5 years younger than I am)


the gramps,


cousins




(uh, and Zoe)




and friends







some old...



some fairly new...

As the years go by, I watch as the crowds I mingle with change with it. There are those who I'd call, make appointments, and watch it just fizzle out in a matter of hours/days, then be completely forgotten. 

Cycle and Repeat.
But still forgotten, in the end.

Then, there are also those, who call, upon impulse, for immediate meet-ups. 
Lunch? Les do dis. Dinner? Onz. Yum Cha? On my way nao. 
(As for breakfast... well, someone is usually not up and running till almost lunch time)


Sometimes though, really, the timing just fits horribly. One can never be too certain. This minute you're completely bored, stuck home, flipping channels on TV cause there's nothing to do (or you're just so lazy to move yer butt that the tele has become your only companion). The next, you're on the phone, planning your next step (after pacing up and down a couple of times, with a rumbling tummy and a strong need to shake that booty and "EXERCISE"). Upon turning off that dial, a smile spreads on your face with the new plan you already have in store for the day. So you start getting ready (I mean, you can't go out in your pajamas, with the humidity and hot sun) for your dates. But as you get ready, you get phone calls after texts inviting you out for whatever. 



Kay, seriously, ask me an hour ago and I'd be singing to the tunes of "America, Fuck Yeah!". But now that I've the rest of the damn day planned, and you call me (somehow it ALWAYS is at the wrong time), of course I can't do anything but to make a bloody raincheck, right? 
Still, I get snide remarks like "call me when you actually miss me" WHICH is then followed by the beep. Uh, yeah, what makes you think I wanna call you anymore... Really, you know I'd hang witchu if I had nothing planned. I'd rather that than sit at home and collect dust, like my old books from kindergarten. (Uh, not that I have any left


And also, my phone isn't exactly the best. It acts on whim. Many times, I NEVER get the texts/ calls you make to me. It is really not in me to not answer your phone call/ reply your texts. Not even years later, when I come back from wherever, none of the old texts that was supposed to surface, ever reached my inbox. 

SORRY LAAAAH, KAY?
not my fault, kay?

the Filipino family
Love you? Heh.

My days back home are severely numbered. I have less than a month till I go back for my final year as a college student (Uh... I don't know if I ever will be ready for that). I want to see as many people as I can before I go, I want to give as many hugs and have as many conversations I can with as many people as I can. So, really, if you would like to meet up with me, call, Facebook, inbox, Skype, Twitter, Tumblr me. 

Whatever floats your boat. 

If you call or text me and I don't answer/ reply, I'm not lying when I say my phone did not receive it. It is not cause I refuse to pick up the phone. I can't, if my phone doesn't receive it. With that said, I'd suggest the communication methods that involve the internet. 


Love love


No comments:

Post a Comment