Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Thirty vs Twenty

Three years ago,
my 18 year old self.
I decided, as a routine, to make annual visits to Singapore as an effort to soak in the ever changing landscape and lifestyle of the little concrete jungle that kicks the ass of a country (a million times bigger than it is) ie, mine, in pretty much everything.
I did rather well my Freshman year and visited.


at Universal Studios
Sophomore year, on the other hand, I decided to fulfill a childhood dream


and skipped out on Singapore. 

So, after a two year absence, I returned to the very much missed country. 
Aside from the new sites that makes this country a hub for tourists and people in search for jobs, 



it is also a foreign land that feels oh too much like home. 




But most importantly though, the trip down is always completed by some tremendously amazing people.


hehe I had to.






It is interesting to see the gradual changes that catches your attention and to witness those that stay true and true all through. In all honesty though, the people are one of the biggest reasons I even go there. The reason why I made a vow to return every year is because Whatsapp and MSN just doesn't cut it anymore. Facebook messages and wall posts hold less significance than actually giving these people a hug, talking, laughing, and interacting with them in the flesh. Somehow, after every visit too, I feel a thousand times better. I would've learnt something new, be it good or bad, and also have a newer outlook on one thing or another. And so, just like that, my 5 days flew by as quickly as the speed of light. 


Thank you, Singapore. 





No comments:

Post a Comment