Saturday, September 29, 2012

In Loving Memory...

... of the brilliant thoughts that once ran through all our heads and have vanished in the unlimited, untouched section of our brains, like the folder of the unsolved and closed crimes.

Brain farts. They happen to the best of all of us...

One moment, we'd have the most mind boggling, dramatic, amazing epiphany or thought and the next, you knew you had this one real cool thought but nothing you do can or will help recall what you have just lost... Ahem, this also feels like all the things I have.. One second I'm holding onto them, the next, god knows where they'd gone... bleargh.

Okay. On with this week's outfits! (Just a reminder, I am using stuff I already have, so you will see the repeat of stuff such as jewelry and shoes, ESPECIALLY the shoes)
Also, the BOLDS are the names of the shops I got the items from.

a sunny afternoon at Starbucks with my Mexican twin sistah!

Sweater a gift from my momma. Thank you momma! I love it!
Romper Target
Watch Fossil
Sandals Vincci+
Sunglasses property of Dalma Avalos

the day everyone thought I had an interview &reconnecting through mealtimes

Blazer Forever 21 (thanks guys for the compliments)
V-Neck H&M
Jeans Forever 21
Sandals a market in Bali, Indonesia

of French films and slumber

Dress a wholesale place in Hatyai, Thailand
Flats Charles & Keith, Singapore 
Headband Forever 21 (PS, they're sold in 4/5s  for CHEAP)
Earrings a gift from my aunt


I'm unconsciously dressing in mourning of your work clothes, Nawwar!

Top some store near Soka
Skirt Goodwill; Charleston, South Carolina
Belt came with a dress I bought at a wholesale store in Hatyai
Earrings  (they're 2 sets) a wholesale store in LA
Watch Fossil 
Bracelet Guess (a gift from Sabrina. THANK YOU HONEY!)
Ring Diva

A night out with the girls and spending TOO long on picking a lipstick color

Necklace a gift from Nawwar (woohoo! Nawwar! Thank youuuu!)
Earrings dollar store in Hatyai
Dress wholesale place in LA
Wedges Debenhams I think? Can't quite recall but I remember that they were on sale!
Arm accessories all gifts


Last night's make up challenge:
Fucking lipstick color & my rusty skills at putting on fake lashes.
But I wanna take about the eye shadow.
What I did... (please scroll to bottom of page)


As you can tell... I don't apply make up on a regular basis. Only on special special occasions. Like last night. We paid a visit to Rage, a gay club in LA. Boy oh boy was it fun! I had so much fun with all the girls and the cute little gay boys who danced and laughed with us.

Just a little update on my week since I lost the one thing I had wanted to seriously blog about...



If you may or may not have noticed, I had deactivated Facebook. But the next day, I had gotten a phone call from mom thinking I had deleted her and that she felt empty without it because she uses it to check up on me and cheer her up on a bad day. So, to make her feel better, I reactivated it. Oh Facebook, we couldn't even part even if I desired it. Well, not for long, at least.

I must say, this week is one of my hectic ones because it is the alternate week (one that includes the package an extra hour of class) but surprisingly, it was a really cool week of basically me being extra super hyper. It has also been a week that has tested my patience. My ceramic items were falling apart, I had presentations, lots of readings, and a mini exam. Oh, and did I mention all the stress and upset I had observed over the course of these 5 days? I remember getting comments like "you're too hyper for me right now" Oh yes. I felt unstoppable.


our afternoon view


Granted, in the heat this afternoon, I had a moment of bitch. Sorry. But I think the one thing that wrapped up the week and that made it oh-so beautiful was the Senior Forum that took place.


Things I'm truly grateful for:


Julia playing Peekaboo


It was so nice to see the class get together in one room and to address issues as a class. 



and of course, the impromptu off campus breaks.


memories from 2 years ago with my Julia
Photo Courtesy: Charlie Kerhin 




Question: What are you grateful for this week?


xoxo







Last night's make up:
Eyes (I used my middle and 4th fingers, and a thin flat brush):
VERY IMPORTANT: apply primer before shadow! Currently using from Urban Decay
After primer application, I started (using my middle finger) with a metallic medium brown as the base (I used this cause it is slightly lighter than my skin color, so pick a color that is one shade lighter than your skin color cause I will contrast it out with darker browns). Starting at the bottom of my lids in the middle, in a zig zag motion, slowly moved UP my eyes to the brow. Next, I took a purplish brown color, one that is maybe 3 shades darker than skin color and starting at the END of my eyes, in a decreasing pressure, brushing inwards and stopping in middle of eye. Now, you'd see a fading shade towards the middle of your eyes. Then, I took the brush (if possible, use one that has a thin rounded top brush one that looks kinda like this) and BLACK eyeshadow, slowly lined my eyes from the inside to the end WITHOUT winging it. So basically, I drew a line along the line of my lids and stopping at the end. Then, gently, using the brush, slowly smudging the black upwards in bits. BITS = 2mm. UPWARDS all the way till the end. Once done, using 4th finger, taking a color 2 shades lighter than 1st color, filling in the area under the brow (where the bone is) and dabbing the small soft patch between nose bridge and eyes.

Then, curl eyelashes and apply mascara.
WARNING: 

REFRAIN FROM APPLYING MORE COATS ON LAYER OF DRIED MASCARA.
Followed by gluing eyelashes to eyes. I usually start from the inside of my eyes and work my way out.

Cheeks: EASY. BENETINT from BENEFIT. I swear on this stuff. Using the brush, I draw diagonal lines on my cheekbones and even them out.

Lipstick: I picked a deep Fuschia (I mixed my red with nude pink)






No comments:

Post a Comment