Sunday, January 22, 2012

Dragons, Pheonixes and Pork.

团圆饭
reunion dinner
a time when extended family meet to have a BIG feast the day before Chinese New Year.

Every year since I can remember, it has been a tradition for my immediate family to fly back to the East Coast of Malaysia, Sabah, for the reunion dinner. I could never imagine my new year's without it. All the absolutely delicious food, the stench of pork, cool night air, red packets and well, you get the jazz of it all.

This year marks the 3rd year I am unable to do so...

Damn. All the delicious food, all the red packets, visitors and family I've not seen in what feels like forever.

Haha well, that's my Chinese New Year. But, I'm in Buenos Aires, Argentina so I cannot complain...

So, anyway, about Argentina... It is a BEAUTIFUL place. The food is to die for, the people are nice, the weather is a nice change from all the coat/jacket/boots wearing. The price difference is pretty darn awesome and seriously, my class is just AWESOME. My professor is SUPER DUPER chill! Best class, EVER. I could not ask for better... Anyway, in my Mini Hello post, I mentioned something about a sleepover at our professor's.

Literally, all 11 of us students had to move to his place from our hostel. One of the girls woke up feeling all itchy and found little ticks running around. So we all uprooted ourselves to our professor's apartment and set up  "beds" to fit everyone.


Made of sheets and blankets. 
It was kinda nice cause there was air conditioning haha. 


The next day we were relocated to hostel number 2


the clan all squeezing/ chillin in one room for the afternoon.

The hostel was not bad but it was kinda weird cause it was not exactly the cleanest one
It was the most expensive and kinda was not worth what we were paying actually.
But they were pretty booked so we only stayed for 2 nights and were moved to hostel number 3 


This is Nandini btw haha
This is the breakfast area 
Honestly hostel 3 is the best thus far. 

We're freakin Nomad bosses.

Anyway!!! Enough about moving and shit. Now on to the food! OH BOY.

Warning: Please refrain from drooling. Kay thanks.

SAY HELLO TO.....!


Choripan! 
Basically a sausage cut in half in a bun plus 


condiments that adds flavor
(This had bacon in it which made it extra yum!)


Empanadas!
OH MY GOD they are SOOOO GOOD. 


they have corn and basil (separately)


Chicken and spicy beef mmmmm sooo good!

To Malaysians they're kinda like Curry Puffs 
but they have a variety and are not curry.



NOM NOM :) 

Then there are the desserts





we had 3 full bags of these! 
Even these were gone in SECONDS


not to mention the abundance of fruit! :)


This is not all of it but haha. 
Whatever.

This is the survival part of being in Argentina :) I shall talk more about the 2 weeks of being here later, all the markets, the things I did, the places we visited, etc later. :) 








No comments:

Post a Comment