Sunday, January 1, 2012

Shut Glutton.

Oh London, how you treat me so well. 

HAPPY NEW YEARS EVERYBODY!! 
How is your 2012 so far? Good I hope! :)


My friend and I arrived at London on the eve of New Year's Eve. 
It was a hell of a trip upon arrival. What with the rain and lack of information from Google maps. Quite sad lah. 
Walking in the rain, quite lost... 
But really, the bus driver was tremendously kind and helpful. He saw to it that he told us where we needed to go, what we needed to do to get to our destination. Post check in, we were so tired, we just went to bed after getting ourselves a teeny tiny snack/drink. 


New Year's Day itself was quite fun. Did a little exploring before we went to save ourselves a spot for the fireworks. Pictures shall be seen below. Before I show you my London trip, (or at least the 2 day and a half of it) I wanna share with you guys some of my pictures from my short visit to Brussels, Belgium. It was barely 5 hours, our trip there. But by goly, it was AWESOME

Look it....









*** edit***

Just a mini PS in the middle... I started this post earlier, perhaps a few hours after my new year's celebration but never got to finish it due to internet issues. So, this is kind of a 2 in 1 post. Birmingham update together :)  Birmingham is story number 2. :) OH I love.

***edit end***


After a billion years of not seeing Yik Mun and after a long time of talking-planning-time-place-space-continuum-yogetthepicture, we finally meet up in Birmingham... and guess who arrived 30 minutes late hehe. :) But before I talk about the event of our hangout... I would like to do a small rant on how I had to pay 20 fuckingQUID for an unfortunate event that took place. No thanks London subway. -.-



So, what happened was, yours truly woke up early for everything. Had every planned out. Gave myself enough time to get to the train station to board my train to Birmingham. Who knew... The subway was not running well due to "signal problems" so they suggested a special route to go to the station I needed to go to (let's just say, I had to get from A to B. It's a direct subway north from A to B. They suggested to take the south one to switch to another line that'll take us there so we listened and started making our way there. I say we cause so happened, a man and kid was heading in that direction as well). Arrived at station to switch trains only to find ourselves with a 12 minute wait that kept growing longer. So we found ourselves changing our plans and landing ourselves on the next fastest + available subway to get there. Long story short, we managed to figure out the FASTEST route to get there but arrived 15 minutes too late for our trains. So we went to the ticket booth to ask for a replacement ticket (having it being not our fault) but all we got was a "then you have to ask the underground to compensate you, but you need to get a new ticket" are you kidding me bech? No choice lor. Bought the roundtrip whydidIdothat? the return was one pound more. Thinking my previous return ticket didn't work anymore, I bought the return.



Epic fail Kim. 

So anyway, arrived in Birmingham to a waiting friend OMG I swear my timing is horrible. Everytime something goes wrong and I have to opportunity to change a plan to accommodate the change of plans, I always do not do what my gut tells me. My gut is ALWAYS right in these situations. I wonder why this kinda things happen. Why do I not trust my gut? So after arrival, I got a tour of the University of Birmingham and went for a buffet lunch with the friends. It was quite nice. Got to know some people and do a bit of people watch when I went to get food. After lunch, headed to the supermarket to buy some groceries.

Mission: Cooking for a dozen people.

End result: MAJOR success, new friends and a very happy Kim :)

Latest accomplishment: "I COOKED FOR 12 PEOPLE!" YESSS :) Oh the joy!

We ended the night with a game of Cluedo and I got a VERY comfy bed to sleep on. Boy did I wake up rested :)
 Back to my story about meeting Yik Mun. :) So, I woke up round 10 ish, got ready, ate breakfast and left the house to go meet him. Arrived hehe, half an hour later than agreed. I swear, me and my gut feeling + bad timing... Thank goodness they decided to wait a little longer for me. Apparently they were about to leave when I arrived.

The day went tremendously well. I was expecting the lunch date to go short. Perhaps 2 hours long. Little did I know, the lunch date went on till dinner, with the addition of my friend Jia Joon and new found friend Aaron. :) Oh damn, I just realized we never took a picture together whuuut -.-



Anyway! For lunch, we went to Jamie Oliver's restaurant! OMG kay, lemme say, I LOVE COOKING. ABSOLUTELY. Some people love playing dota, some reading, having philosophical talks, I, LOVE. COOKING. And I ENJOY watching Jamie Oliver's show. I used to watch it on TV a lot. So going to this restaurant for lunch was just a treat :) I got the Wild Truffle Risotto and it was quite good :)


My dream come true :) 


After lunch, we went shopping for one of them and in the process, I fell in love....


Yes. The new Stella Baguette Stainless Steel Watch from Fossil 
Having tried on the few watched my new friend was trying to pick...
This was one of them. And OH MY GOODNESS...
I fell in love. 
But it was £125.

Sigh. 
We shall be united, dear watch.
Till we unite... I shall bid you goodbye.. For now.







Love love

1 comment: