Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Mini Stepped Tuesday

It's been a while since I wrote something and for good reason...

I've recently been feeling pretty stuck in my ways of writing and felt that the stuff I was putting out was not quite good for a while and so I've decided to take a sabbatical (HAHA) and go explore different writings and work my way to writing better.

But I've also been pretty swamped with school, work, and everything else that I find the extra hour of sleep in the morning to be pretty great. So do forgive me while I post sporadically over the span of the near future.. (:

Like today, with something great happening and I just had to tell the world about it.
Yesterday at work, I was asked about my New Year's Resolution. Though for the most part, I don't really believe in it because like a can of soda I kinda fizz out after giving myself too much time. So I am more on the side of making little goals to reach whatever it is I'm aiming at. And so I mentioned that I'm planning on going Zero Waste. If you look it up, you'll see some really interesting people on the interweb who usually advocate quite literally what the title is. Zero plastic, and waste to the point where they've been able to collect the trash they use over the span of whoever long they've been Zero Waste.

For me, I've a long way to go but I've already started by using alternatives to products that require tossing or even recycling for that matter. For examples, I urge you to go to your fridge or kitchen cupboards and see what's wrapped in material that need to either be recycled or thrown out..
I've also taken more steps to reducing my carbon foot print by switching out some of my products like sanitary pads/tampons with a menstrual cup, which is made of silicone and only need to be replaced every 10 years (a really great investment and also saving the planet).

Moving on, today was no exception. I knew I was going to buy my breakfast as I've not done grocery shopping as I'm also looking up alternatives to big corporations (instead via other sources that tie directly with farmers) again I regress. So I prepared my Tupperware for my bagel and cream cheese (there's an extra small container for the Tupperware just for that) and to my surprise the owner (who takes orders) told me that he was impressed by it and explained to me that the cost for things we take for granted (like plastic bags and paper wraps) are actually really expensive and he really liked the idea of me bringing in my own as it doesn't create any trash. Glad was he I got an extra stamp and am now 1 stamp away from my free bagel. Joyous!'


also brought my own coffee in my reused glass bottle!


I was really proud of myself and in I think my bagel tasted extra yummy today (not sure if it's cause I got the Onion bagel... Ooh, and my cream cheese has now been saved for when I have bread! Score!




No comments:

Post a Comment