Thursday, December 3, 2015

Reminded Thursday

Have you ever waken up and understood that you woke up hours later than the actual time?

I woke up today thinking it was 8am when it was already 10.30am. Apparently my friend who is visiting, turned my alarm off before it blasted (every single time it rang) and so I basically slept through the alarms.

And since it was snowing, and I'm still not quite biologically used to waking up in the cold (I usually turn off my heating blanket before knocking out), I am usually out cold till my eyes naturally blink open.

Then when I looked out the window, the buildings nearby had snow caps!

WOOH!

And before I know it, I'm now home, after finishing up a whole day of shipping, shopping, and meeting up with a friend for dinner and desserts. Even slipping in some time to visit a giant teddy bear


But realizing just how quickly time flies, and how waking up even an hour late affects your day.

When I was a kid, my parents used to make me wake up early (we're talking 6am) and would get mad whenever I would wake up even at 9am. And now I finally understood why. As much as it was great to have done quite a bit, at the end of the day, I can see why it would've been so much better to wake up really early.

Waking up late isn't counter productive, but life could be more productive if more stuff was done in the 24 hours that can never be retrieved once it's passed.


Speaking of time passed... And I believe we've all heard this before, but one of the most common regrets among those who were at their death bed, is that they went through life only working their asses off.. all for money.


Just a reminder. 



No comments:

Post a Comment