Sunday, December 13, 2015

Monday: Mother Nature I

Lately, I've become more environmentally aware and have been seeking out ways to be more friendly to Mother Nature.

Doing my part to save the environment started when I was a lot more little when my mom would recycle quite literally everything.. And years after that she started composting food waste and turning it into detergents and stuff (which now, I must say is pretty cool despite the smell -cuz she uses almost all kinds of food wastes unlike the ones that are usually bought where lemons are used)

And at college I've also been doing my best to properly recycle my papers and stuff but still were using products that had plastic covers and stuff despite also recycling what I can.. papers and putting some of the plastic stuff into the plastic recycle bins hoping they went to the recycling plants and using tupperwares instead of to-go boxes :)

BUUUUUUT that still wasn't enough as I was still taking to-go cups, despite keeping the collars for future use.. etc etc

And overtime I found myself finding even more ways to be environmentally friendly.. starting with my period. Ah yes, the time of month where we bleed :) Nothing to be ashamed of as this happens to women world over, so I'm not sure why people get all weird about pads and stuff but anyway! Pads, I was using them but they're the disposable kinds and were not really great for the environment and it didn't even hit me until I watched a video about a menstrual cup:


Needless to say, I purchased it even though I couldn't back the project :) 

The cost wasn't too pleasing for my wallet, and especially so with the shitty currency exchange between my country and the US... and that was a huge step for me as I saw the improvement of garbage waste that I had. I even got a friend of mine to purchase her own! (: and now getting another comfortable with using it (this thing takes practice haha)

-abrupt end of Part 1 of this blog post cuz I have to get ready for school haha-





No comments:

Post a Comment