Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Late Nights, Long Talks, Missed Moments

So I've been slacking with this.

It's so bad.
I'm a horrible blogger.

Eitherway, let me do a mini update.

Last night me and a few of us went to this bar called the Dou Jones Bar *click!!*.

Can ya see what I'm about to talk about..? OH YES. The prices of drinks fluctuate depending on the crowd!
It was super cool. I spent so much time in front of that screen, I never ordered shit. HAHAHA.

I made a LOT of attempts to take pictures of the screen but much to my despair. All came out blurry. :(
So none uploaded of the screens. But here are some of us:


Toni singing hehe. 


Steven Manila and Toni.


Gizerika! :D


Left (Ochocki's friend Johnny from NYC) Middle (Ochocki) Right (Me). 
So oddly posed cause I was sitting facing the back and had to turn for the picture.

Walked in the rain with soaked feet. Tremendous way to end my night right..?
But!
When I got back, 2 lovelies greeted me on skype. Kay one greeted another I thanked which led to a discussion.
Boy did those two make my day.
I love them to bits. Made me stay up till almost 5am just talking to them.
So worth it cause end results:
Tired Kim + Coffee =
Overdose of mystery energy from lack of sleep + High Pitched Voice so I've been told.

Anyway. Had classes and after the last one, decided it would be awesome to venture on my own. So I did and found myself in front of the Casa Batllo by Gaudi. Perhaps just my favorite architect. Paid 14 euros to get in. He's worth it. Reasons why:



he used nature as inspiration


he makes the buildings lower cost of maintenance by
designing them in a way that minimizes electronic energy and
maximizes natural energy


intricate and delicate, he was very detailed.




he used LOTS of colors giving the buildings different colors at different times of the day




it is as if you were one with nature again.


I got a teeny bit emotional when the audio guide talked about his death. 
I was sad. 

I love Gaudi's work. Damnit. Spanish artists. Dali, Gaudi. The other two, Picasso and Goya. Soon. Soon. 


as for my friends, I can't thank you enough. Those in Ecuador, Soka, Malaysia, Japan and Spain.
I love you all. SO MUCH. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment