Sunday, November 27, 2011

Weekly Dress: Oh No!

GAH
I'm so bad at this.
I'm 2 days late this time. GAH

Sorry sorry sorry SORRY!

I was away and had no means of uploading pictures from my iTouch onto the blog so I didn't :(

MEH. I'm sorry!

But this week, I'll be talking about mixing eyeshadows.
Blending them more like.

Recently, I've been finding myself to have to seriously stretch my stuff. I have to bring my make up with me on the go so I can apply it before I get to my destination and because I have a tiny purse/bag, I can only put SO much in it. Results, me having to pick and choose what to bring so I can mix and match.

So, in my make up stuff, I only have this


The palette on the right

and

this 



and SOMETIMES this to work with.

Somedays when I'm lazier, I just apply the brown...
Here's how you can apply a single color

1. You use your 2nd last finger and swipe the eyeshadow so you get a solid enough layer on your fingers. How solid depends on how dark/thick of a layer you want it to be on your eyes.

2. Starting from the lashes, you put your finger horizontally and you wanna brush your fingers side to side, working your way UP towards your brow bone. (if you missed my tutorial on how to put make up, click here, I explain)

3. Note, you will see that it gets lighter and lighter as it hits your brow bone. You DON'T WANT to add it more to the top. You wanna KEEP it like this so it stays.

4. USUALLY, I put eyeliner so my eyes pop. But this is optional. The trick to doing this is you start from the inside of your eyes and work your way out. do it stroke by stroke, then you're less likely to mess it up :)
Thing about eyeliners, if you want one or are planning on getting one...
NYC products are cheap but their eyeliners are not bad. It's thick but be careful, they smudge. So what I recommend is applying a layer of eyeshadow (similar to the color of your eyeliner OVER the layer of eyeliner you drew. It's less likely to smudge.
If you don't mind paying a bit more, you can go to any brand of cosmetics you like and ask for recommendations. I would recommend asking for one that doesn't smudge easily for pencils. Liquid ones however, is tricky. I've not used many brands of liquid ones but the dolly wink one I showed you above is the best. It dries fast upon application so if you have double eyelids, the don't print on the top.
If you're in Malaysia, you can find them at Sasa. In the US, you're likely to get it a Japanese store. :) Like Mitsuwa or something :)



On another note, when I decide to use both the palettes and the brown, here is what I do:

1. I apply the brown as the base, again working my way up as explained above.
Edit: you can get a 3 colored palette and just use the darkest color in the palette for this.

2. Then, I take the blue (its a mildly sparkling one) and starting from the end of my eye, working my way inwards gently and stopping in the middle. You only want to get a little where you can still kinda see the color of your skin. Then blend. The blue kinda makes your brown stand out, bringing out the color in your eyes.
Edit: if you have the palette, this would be the middle color.

3. I take the silver and apply it on my brow bone and shade it in with the base shadow. I also apply this on the little area next to my nose (where your eye boggers usually lay) when applying this, you wanna only apply it on the softest area and ONLY A LITTLE.

4. Optional, eyeliner! Bottom lash and upper lash ;) Bottom lash optional as well.
When you apply eyeliner, apply a layer on the water line. Pencil liners usually work best and on skin, liquids are bomb.

I shall talk about my trip soon :)

I will do my best to keep up next Friday!
Promise :)

Love Love

No comments:

Post a Comment