Thursday, November 12, 2015

Brokedown Friday

A sense of humor is much needed these last few days as things have started becoming challenging on it's own. And I guess I wasn't quite aware of the stress I had building inside until yesterday..

during my speaking exam.

Uh, yeah. I went to school feeling pretty good. I knew my grammar, I could usually just come up with something on the spot, and just re-use the stuff I said during class during the exam. Shouldn't be a big deal. So after the listening test, we waited outside the classroom while the other students did their tests. Then it was my turn.

Went into the room and sat before the teacher. In the past, all the other teachers have made some kind of small talk but not this one. I was told to read out loud for the 1st part, then it was straight onto the next part of doing a conversation. I struggled a little, nothing unusual really.

Then came the next part where I had to recount an experience I had at a concert. I thought about what I roughly wanted to say and said it... But, with a lot of effort. At one point, I got stuck and had a long pause. Then I told the teacher that I wasn't too confident. And then I broke down haha. She seemed pretty surprised that that happened and spent the next god knows how long to convince me that I was doing alright. And despite all that, I was still teary eyed and then we went on with the exam. I finished it all, and came out dying on the inside.

Needless to say, I didn't feel too great after that... And to add to it all, I learnt from my student's mother that we shan't be having class anymore due to her daughter's busy schedule. Man, that blows. I wasn't too taken aback as I was already expecting it. I mean, I went all the way there last week to find out that they had cancelled class, but because I had no phone, could not check the message they sent me.

But yeah. So yesterday I just spent the rest of the day at home, calmly looking through the past writings we made in prep for tomorrow's writing exam. And once all that's done, I'm going to go out and get some fresh air cuz I've only been studying this whole semester. Minus the dinner times, where I would basically eat nearby to save on travel time.

And well, today is a new day and there's no point dwelling in what happened yesterday. It was a painful experience but it's okay. Things happen, and that's all just a part of me now. Next part is what I can do to make even more memories. Whether or not they'll be good or a painful one like this one, it all adds to the charm of life.

Happy Friday to you (:

No comments:

Post a Comment