Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Today Was A Good Day

Today was a good day.

My legs are sore, I'm even more confused in class than I have ever been, and my nose is still stuck.
But today was a good day.

I actually took the morning off and accompanied my friend before his flight back home. A friend of mine had been staying with me for the past 2 weeks and this morning I decided to take him to my favorite bagel place and then a cup of coffee. We just sat at the cafe, staring out toward the university campus and just chilled. We also talked pretty lightly about dealing with problems, and ended up taking photos with Cherry Blossoms which were pretty great.

Then it was off to school and sit in class while I try to figure out what vocab means what HAHA.

After school, I headed out to help my roommate get her roommate while grabbing my dance teacher one as well. Recently, I learnt that her mom was in the hospital getting treated for cancer, and since, she'd seem to have lost even more weight. Might I also add that this woman is pretty skinny, and should not be losing any more weight. Last week, I noticed how thin the back of her hands looked, and so for this week, my roommate and I decided to get her the bagel. So I did just that, and had another light conversation with the Bagel Man (the dude who owns the place), and he kinda told his employees about my dream to become and entertainer. They were all really sweet about it, but I got kinda shy about it... :/

Then dance class came. And man, do I always go into it confused as ever. We learn it TOO FAST. 2 classes and we're basically running through the dance moves. Today, we learnt yet another crazy part of song #2 even though it's only the... 3rd class. Man, teacher, teaching too fast T_T
But yeah, I think the reason why I'm so sore is because of the dance. My legs... They've actually been in pretty bad shape the last few days.. My muscles were super tight.. I think also from yesterday's sleep-in.. I slept the whole day as a result of my migraine which came to me the night before, and evolved into a full blown migraine when I was supposed to wake up for school. Even lost my appetite till the evening. I guess my REALLY needed to rest...
So today, after waking my muscles up from the dance, I can safely say, dance got me super sore.

Then, after doing my news article search for class, I headed to my student's house to teach her English. Ah, my student is such a jem. But can be quite distracted pretty easily. Even then, every time I leave, she'll always send me off and be super adorable each time. Man, I'm so grateful for that child. I need to up my game as a teacher. Need to get her excited again as things are getting more challenging for her. Go Kim, go!

After buying vegetables and explaining to the store manager why I don't want plastic bags when he asked, I told him that I wanted to save the environment and I have WAY too much at home (which I'm still figuring out HOW to use them). I got my veges, and they arrived at my home when I did! Then I made me some delicious soup and am now telling you about my day. (:

Today was definitely a good day. My muscles are working, I can still sing in the shower, even though at this point, I'm more croaking than singing, and I had some good conversations with some pretty cool peeps today. And I found out that this one dude whose videos on Youtube has made me laugh soooo much is actually a Pharmacy student & works part time at a Pharmacy, that kinda reminded me that there are some pretty humble humans out there. The fact that I can be thankful for that kinda stuff instead of worrying about where to get the means to put food on the table, is something to be thankful for.

Speaking of being thankful...



urgh. this pup's so frustratingly cute. 
I cannot wait to have my own pet/see my beloved doggy back home.


OH, I even cleaned out the junk 
that has been sitting in my computer. 
Mission accomplished, small victories, baby. 

















And to you, if you're reading this, I hope that you are well, know that I still miss you and love you. 
Please have strength & hope to keep growing.









No comments:

Post a Comment