Friday, October 28, 2011

Weekly Dress: New Outfit, Old Clothes

Okay.

I've been DYING (literally) to do this one since I dressed up for the Halloween thing at the club.

There was a Halloween party at the club that my friend has always been inviting us to. Since everyone was going, I decided to dress up and have some fun as well.


So, I went as:


This. 



Excuse the sweaty face. 
Oh dear. 
This, my friends, is what happens at a club.
Don't be hating!

This Weekly Dress includes:

Top: Actually an old dress I got for my Freshman year Winter Formal (the earrings too!!)


and the skirt was on sale from Padini.

As for the make up, I was referencing this picture:


okay, so most of the make up faded throughout the night and 
barely anyone was dressed up as a vampire. 
No fangs, no creepy eyes but it was good enough! ;)
I mean, I did scare people unintentionally and got many stares on the metro and stuff.
(to read about how I did the make up, go all the way to the bottom of this post)


So, 
A week has passed since I told you to clear out your closet. Now, as you all know, Halloween is in 3 days or 2.5 days for some of you. 
As always, you're on a budget and I think it's always better to be using what you have and working with it. 
So, what I would recommend is 
First, pick a character you want to go in. 
Let's say, you wanna go as a Greek Goddess. You obviously need a big white cloth to drape yourself in. 
So,  that would mean you have to either 

BUY ONE (the cheapest one you can find)

OR 

this one's quite simple...




USE YOUR BED SHEET! 

Here is a video on how to do that:


I had to do this for an event on campus but because I had no white sheets, I had to improvise! :)




HEH. :)

It's all about improvising. 
By the way, the tip from the video on using safety pins is quite crucial.


Alright, as mentioned above, I did my make up vampire style referencing that photo. READ RED if you're like me (only looking for keywords).
Things you will need:
  • Foundation and Face Powder
  • Black, Bronze, Dark Brown and light gold eye shadow
  • Black Pencil liner and (optional) Liquid liner
  • Thin brush if you have no liquid eyeliner
  • Mascara and eyelash curler
  • Red/nude lipstick, lip gloss (NOT GLITTERY) and lip brush
  • Blush Brush

Here are the steps I did to get the look (brushes optional but preferred):

1. I put on liquid foundation then I caked on compact face powder.
2. I applied a Bronze base color on my eyes from the bottom (closest to the lid) UP to where the eyebrows are. (you can choose shimmery or not. Note: NOT GLITTERY, but SHIMMERY
3. Then I applied a darker brown color from a little away from the center of my eyes outwards (kind of like the picture below)


4. Then I took my BLACK eye shadow and applied it on the tip of my eyes (like how you would if you were creating a winged look) and flare it out. Like this but with EYE SHADOW:



5. Using the BLACK eye shadow, use the tip of your finger (the highest part of your finger if you're looking at your hand side ways) and creasing the arch on your eye (top of your eyeball) then BLEND in with your dark brown color. 
6. Use your pencil eyeliner to draw over the eye shadow like the photo above (WITHOUT the wing) and draw the bottom part of your eyes as well. Color your waterline (the thin line thats kinda smooth and wet) and right beneath it where your eyelashes are.
7. Then, using your liquid eyeliner (but if you don't have one, get a thin brush and dip it in some water then onto your black eyeshadow) and draw the many lines that create the many lines outwards
8. Curl your eyelashes and use mascara. (Watch video to learn how to make them POP)


9. Apply a VERY light gold just beneath the END your eyebrows (you'll feel a bone beneath your brows, yeah, there
10. I used the remainder of my black eye shadow on my finger and drew a line on my cheekbone 

see where the brush is? Draw it SLIGHTLY above the position of the brush.
Then using a blush brush, I smudged the eyeshadow downwards
So where the line is, using your brush, you smudge it in a downward + circular motion
This creates a HIGH cheekbone effect/dead person/vampire look.



11. If you want pale lips, use nude lipstick. Cover your whole lip till you can't see the lines of your lips. If not, you can always use Red lipstick like I did after I realized no one was dressed like me.
12. To create the blood effect, I used my red lipstick and went over the outsides of my lips (ONLY ON THE SIDE) just a little over it and smudged it a little. Then, I drew a line downwards and making a little teardrop at the very end of the line. Then, applied gloss with my lip brush and gave it a glossy, watery look. I also used a thick blob of gloss on the teardrop to give it a dripping effect. 

(OPTIONAL) 13. If you wanna do the crescent moon bite mark on wherever (neck, arm, thigh, wherever), use your pencil eyeliner to draw a crescent moon. Then, using your red lipstick, put on a few dots around the crescent moon, then smudge it to give it a dry blood look. Following that, if you wanna do the dripping blood, do the same as you did with the blood dripping from the lips. Make sure you're doing a VERTICAL line down or it'll be one of those failed attempts. 


I hope this Weekly Dress was a good one, what with Halloween round the corner and all :)

Love love, Kim.

No comments:

Post a Comment