Monday, October 17, 2011

J´♥ Paris!

So, I spent the rest of my past week in


Paris, France.

 May I just add, that Paris is quite the awesome. Cliché as it sounds, it truly was an AMAZING experience.
I arrived, along with my friend, Sam, on a Wednesday night (by the time we got to the hostel and everything it was night time and time for bed) and soaked in as much cold weather as we could (it was our first ever coat wearing weather and we were just real happy to have that).

 This was located near our hostel and was in a quite unknownly awesome location within Paris. Reason why, you will find out below.

The next day, we took a train out to Versailles where the Palace of Versailles is. A famous tourist attraction, where Louis XIV and Marie Antoinette lived.



You´ll see that it is a HUGE place and you will be doing A LOT of walking unless you´re 24 and have your drivers license (in which permits you to rent a Buggie which saves you the walking time but is usually more worth it if you have 4 people)

More photos of Versailles are on my Facebook if you would like to view more of this AWESOMENESS. We paid 20€ for the whole thing (entrance into the palace, audio guide and Marie Antoinette´s cottage and all.




This is only part of it.

The next day, we went out to the Sacre Coeur which is a big chapel located on a hill, overlooking Paris which I heard is REALLY beautiful at night, though I did not see it at night.It was walking distance from my hostel which was kinda nice.


As mentioned above... The awesome location is this. This is like literally 5 minutes away from where I was staying. Er, do I hear "AWESOME!"? HECK YEAH! :) 


Overlooking Paris, as promised.


up top, you´ll find surprises such as a Harp player and


Statues that are actually people being very good actors (and mimes if you will). These are a big thing in Europe I guess? You´ll see lots of them along the streets of Las Ramblas in Barcelona too. Dressed in different types of costumes and stuff.


The inside, always very beautiful. Such is European architecture.

Upon exiting the building.

Then we headed down the famous steps where a world famous kissing photo was taken.

Since the girl who was with us I guess didn´t know Sammy was gay, told us to do a kissy kiss.
In which we posed this way.
Then, it was OFF to the Eiffel Tower with the rest of the group who arrived.



we had a picnic lunch there which was quite nice, then headed up to the top,


first, we walked. Had to pay 3.90€ for it.


The view from the "2nd floor"


Then up to the TOP TOP by elevator. The only way up.




at the very top where my legs turned jelly HEHE


The Arc de Triomphe


Next day, we went on our free tour, offered by my hostel and tripadvisor.com. THANK YOU!!


in front of the St Michel Fountain.

withhh


THE BEST tourguide EVER.
Her name was Jacqueline Betty (I don't know if she was being serious or was joking about this being her middle name) from Australia.
She was funny, energetic and just a WONDERFUL tourguide.
She also only works based off tips. She is a struggling media art graduate, making money from tours she gives.



We covered the Notre Dame


history of kings and Paris.


The Lourve


Musee de l'Orangerie


AND the fountain where Anne Hathaway threw her phone into from the movie Devil Wears Prada



Then because me and my friend Blaine got left behind, we decided to walk to 


 Arc the Triomphe 

But on the wayyyy, we sawwwww


with an EXTREMELY long line outside!

ANDDD


Poppers. :) Did I say that right? :/

Anyway! But because there was some event, we couldn't go up the Arc de Triomphe so we settled for the side of the road for pictures and left for


Les Invalides. Where Napoleon's tomb lays.


Then it was BACK to the Lourve and back to Montmarte where we waited for an hour and dined near...


Moulin Rouge baby! :D

It costs 90 Euros to enter so we skipped out on it but CHECK OUT THE LINE! 



What I learnt on this trip:

Since I decided to bring only my pretty clothes to Paris, I promised my friends a daily dress in Paris. Being there, I realized that I should do something with a Daily Dress. But the difference is that I will do a Weekly Dress instead and in replacement of new stuff, I will make do with ALL I have. My mom has been a wonderful fashion inspiration (I realized this like, NOW. Thinking back on SO many things she's said about clothes... I used to not listen but now it all makes PERFECT sense to me.). And so, to thank her, I've decided to do a weekly dress with whatever I have. I will be putting on clothes I've had for forever or even my moms clothes! YES! You read right. I'm wearing clothes that are older than I am! 

So! Here are a few points to take note of regarding my weekly dress (name shall be modified in time):
  1. I will most likely post the weekly dress EVERY Friday. (this is going to be hard but I promise I will do it every Friday. Unless I am not available on Friday, I will do one in advance)
  2. I will give you some sort of theme to work with. Being practical here, I will do my best with whatever I have and can do. Which will most likely work with what you have.
  3. I will include my essentials that will never change (unless stated otherwise) such as 2nd piercing studs, flip flops (my flip flops will always remain the same), shorts, etc. Remember, I am doing this from my Study Abroad and can and will only work with what I have. 
  4. This includes make up by the way! (YAY!)
  5. Everything I mention is just something I would do, all the rest is MUST OPTIONAL. I repeat. OPTIONAL .Whether you wanna follow it or not, it is TOTALLY in your hands. So, no hate please. You can give me suggestions and comments but please be nice. Put yourself in my shoes and imagine how you'd feel if you were given snide remarks.

    THAT SAID... :)
  6. If you have any suggestions and stuff you would like me to do, say, a variation of the same black skirt I have, do let me know :)

    LAST BUT NOT LEAST! Most Important of them all!
  7. As I am working with what I have, I DON'T expect you to go BUY the thing. I'm expecting the awesome you, to just do what you can with what you can based on my Weekly Dress advice :) 


So, my first Weekly Dress is from my trip in Paris...

I've picked... *drum roll*












































HAHAHAHA shall be posted on Friday. Sooo keep your eyes pealed for it ;) 










No comments:

Post a Comment