Monday, December 19, 2011

con amor y cariño.

HOHOHO.

Budapest has filled me up with just joy.

No idea what it is about this place that makes me skip in joy, humming to a favorite tune while smiling and thinking happy thoughts.

Today was quite an eventful day actually. First stop, we headed to the



However, due to an event that was taking place WITHIN the building, 
tourists were not allowed inside :( 
Boo.

BUT BUT!


This was really interesting.
This is a memorial of those who died (at this very spot) when they were fighting against communism
In this particular flag, there's a BIG hole where the communist coat of arm once was
The removal of it was a sign of liberty of Hungary 


And since it was closed, we decide to go check out...



Which was only open for tours WAY after we arrived.. 
So me being hungry, we decided to settle for some brunch! :)


Hungarian Goulash!
Reminds me of my dad's beef stew! GAH misses!!


Hungarian chicken and rice. 
It was gooood with this garlic sauce and hot sauce they gave us on the side ;) 


Hungarian spongecake! 
(was about to write bob instead of cake omg my brain)


After brunch we walked around a little and visited 



I love the architecture!
Just, breathtaking. 





But seriously though, he wouldn't let us in till we "donated" some money.
I know, it may look super identical to almost every cathedral I've visited but really, they're all distinct.
Some with mosaics, some with different drawings and statues but all of them so beautiful.
I'm sorry if I didn't really capture them they way I would've like to show you the distinction.
But I hope this suffices!

ANYWAY

Upon exiting the church, we landed ourselves in yet another one of those Christmas markets..


The reason why the looked closed is cause the openings of it are facing the other side haha



they had sweets (little dessert snack things)


candy


legit food for CHEAP
and SOOO much more. haha
After much insane walking around and jumping on tramsandrunningandblablablaimblabbingwheee




WE FINALLY 


headed to the Opera House for our tour!




wow, I have a lot of pictures up here...
therearesomuchmorebutimgettingtiredactuallysoishalljusttalkabouttherestofmydaystarting

NOW

After the tour, we knew we barely had time to do other things cause they would take ALL day for it and it was almost sundown. So we decided to go to their mall and look for travel bags for ourselves.

Since one of my bags broke and I'm quickly running low on travel capacity when it comes to my 
NEVER decreasing amounts of merchandise, I decided to switch my Forints for (yep you guessed it..! Or not.)

NEW duffle bag! (photo later)

It was reasonable, judging by the fact that I had walked the WHOLE mall (justkidding no, seriously) only to be disappointed.
But just has I had given up hope, we walk into the ONE store (our last hope, cause I was READY to call it a day)
and YAY! Now I have more space for my things. WOOHOO! :)
LET THE STUFFING BEGIN! HAHA. 















To be quite honest... 

I wanna talk about dinner but since I've no pictures, I will blog about it tomorrow. 
I'm really excited cause it was a wonderful dinner. :) Really.
So, I guess this is good night for now? 
See you tomorrow! or whenever. But I will do all I can to do this post tomorrow! 
If not, HASTA PRONTO! :) 





Love love





No comments:

Post a Comment